Friday 6 January 2017

My Goals For 2017



Hey guys!
 
 
I'm not really one for New Year's resolutions, but I thought I'd do something a bit different this year and share my main goals for the next 12 months. I'm not going to set myself anything too ambitious (like going to America or reaching 1,000,000 followers on Twitter - we all know those two things aren't going to happen for years), since I'll just end up feeling disappointed if I don't achieve them.
 
 
1. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week
 
And actually use the gym itself, not just the swimming pool! I also need to exercise for longer - I have a habit of going swimming near lunchtime or when I need to be somewhere after, so I don't get much time to use the facilities.
 
 
2. Read 45 books
 
I don't know what I was thinking when I set myself the challenge of reading 45 books last year! However, I'm determined to reach that target in 2017, and I feel like it's more likely this year since I'm no longer in full time education and I'm only working a couple of days a week at the moment. I'll be posting a list of all the books I want to read this year over at A Secret Book Lover. I was going to post it yesterday but unfortunately I wasn't feeling well.
 
 
3. Visit my friends abroad
 
I have a few friends dotted around Europe so I defo need to try to visit them this year, preferably before Summer in the City! They always come to London so it'll be nice to see where they live for a change.
 
 
4. Bake more
 
I'd really like to become better at baking. I'm not very good at making anything involving flour! I can never get the mixture right!
 
 
5. Post more regularly on my book blog
 
I rarely seem to post on A Secret Book Lover so I really need to up this to at least once a week this year. I have a few ideas lined up, and I'll hopefully be posting tomorrow and next Thursday.
 
 
6. Write more articles
 
I signed up to Huffington Post several months ago but I've only posted 3 articles so far. I also write for WeekendNotes and I haven't posted anything there for a while either, even though I have plenty of ideas!
 
 
7. Reach 2,000 followers on Twitter
 
I know followers aren't everything, but I so happy when I surpassed 1,000 Twitter followers in 2016! I don't even have half that on Facebook and Instagram! It would be amazing if I reach 2,000 by the end of this year (though I know it's really unlikely)! Help me out by checking out my Twitter page!
 
 
8. Catch up with old friends
 
I absolutely hate drifting away from old friends. I miss some of them so much! If I could see at least one or two this year that would be great!
 
 
9. Improve my blog photography game
 
Don't we all want photos like Rihanna, Jordan and Josie?! Their pics are AMAZING! At the moment, my non-blog photos are better than my blog photos! I wish I could become an expert over night!
 
 
10. Join a local choir
 
Choir is one of the things I miss most about uni, and I really want to join one in London. I need to find one A.S.A.P as term's already started!
 
 
11. Go to more blogging events
 
At least one a month would be brill. I love meeting other bloggers!
 
 
12. Watch some of the films I've been meaning to watch for YEARS
 
E.g. The Runaways, It's Kind of a Funny Story, Submarine, My Girl, Charlie's Angels, Honey and Sister Act. Seriously can't believe I still haven't seen any of these!
 
 
So those are some of my aims for this year! I'd also like to reach 800-1000 followers on Facebook and Instagram, move my blog to self-hosted (which I already started doing this morning), work with more brands (it's my dream to work with The Body Shop and Funkin Cocktails, and attend things like book launches), and participate in more blog chats on Twitter (one of the best ways to get blogging tips and meet new bloggers). What are your goals for 2017?
 
 
Hasta luego!
 
 
Serena
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. These are great goals! I love the mix of things, big and small, one time and on-going. :) Excited to read about your progress through the year! Happy New Year! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic goals! I really want to read and bake more this year, because I was pants at it in 2016 x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals. Getting to the gym more is deffo one my list, too!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best with your goals there are some great ones here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great goals there, 45 books is a great challenge, I'd definitely struggle with that one though x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you lots with all of those. I set my book goal with Goodreads which makes me feel guilty if I dont keep on track x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading 'goals' posts. I, like you I'm not a New years resolution type of person. But i do set goals and it gives me great pleasure when i achieve even half the list. All the best with yours especially the reading 45 books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made me think that I need to set a list of goals too! It's always better to write them down, isn't it? Makes you more determined to meet them. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great list of goals and I am trying to post much more regularly than I have done.

    ReplyDelete