Sunday 22 January 2017

Unibox Subscription Review



Hey guys!


I'm sure every student feels lonely at some point during their three (or four) years at uni, and I know just the thing to cheer them up. 'What's that?' I hear you ask. A care package. Everyone deserves a treat once in a while, and receiving a box of goodies can really brighten up someone's day. Uni in particular can be stressful, so a care package can take your mind off your work and give you something to look forward to.


I was recently perusing Naomi's blog and stumbled upon her review of Unibox. It sounded like a really good idea so I headed over to the website to check it out for myself. Luckily, Unibox was doing an offer (unfortunately it expired a few days ago) so I only had to pay a few pounds delivery for my box.

So what is Unibox?

Unibox is one of the few subscription boxes that cater for students at uni. As mentioned on the website, Unibox was designed to help parents, friends and relatives pick something to send their loved ones while they're away from home. Like most subscription boxes, the contents of Unibox are completely random, but they contain a selection of healthy snacks, a gift card, and a mini magazine.

My Thoughts and Unibox Contents



Teapigs Popcorn Tea: This product may sound slightly strange, but I think it's a fun idea too. It's different to other flavoured tea and would make a nice drink to relax with after a long day of lectures and seminars.


Spare Fruit Apple Crisps: I'm looking forward to trying these as I absolutely love apple crisps. They're a tasty alternative to your standard salt & vinegar / cheese & onion crisps, and are made from whole apples.


Voost Calcium + Vitamin C Effervescent Tablets: Effervescent tablets are perfect for students who are prone to coughs and colds and don't eat much fruit and veg. I like most orange tablets - except Berocca - so I'm sure these will be good.


Nomnom Proper Welsh Chocolate Honeycomb: I know a lot of people aren't really keen on honeycomb (why?!), but I personally love it. The fact that this product comes with chocolate is even better!


Purition Protein Shake sachets x2: Protein shakes aren't really something I'd normally use but I like the flavours. They're 100% natural too.

Now onto the non-food items...


Bubble Off room spray: With Tonka bean and lime scent. Room sprays are ideal for hiding nasty odours that plague student accommodation.

The box also includes a card holder, a £20 Teech voucher, a mini magazine (with recipes for Bean Chilli and French Toast, which are written by students), and an article with some advice for students), and a personalised card.


Pros: Good selection of products and all of a decent size too. Can cancel your subscription any time. Efficient delivery.

Cons: £22-24 is quite expensive for students, but maybe not so if it's a gift from family? The products in the box are random so you might receive something you're not keen on.


Sounds great, how do I sign up?

Subscribing to Unibox is easy. Simply click on the 'Order here' header on their website and a list of different subscriptions will appear. You can choose from the following:

Monthly Subscription: £24/box, one every month. Free shipping.
3 months pre-pay: You'll receive one Unibox per month for 3 months and each costs £23.98.
6 months pre-pay: Similar to 3 months pre-pay, but for 6 months and the boxes will cost £22.50.

You'll receive your box halfway through the month and there are non boxes during the summer hols - ideal if you're working abroad as an au pair or volunteer, or are helping out at a summer camp.


Overall, I think Unibox is such a great idea and I was very pleased with the products I received. I'd recommend it to students or anyone who likes a surprise in their letterbox.


Let me know if you decide to try Unibox!


Hasta luego!


Serena

19 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a subscription box which is actually useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried a lot of teapigs flavours and always loved them! Love a good subscription box!

    Terri x
    www.territalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great subscription boxes are always the best! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need one for university! I'm so asking my sister to buy me one hAha 😍

    Nikki O.
    herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard about this box and love the idea behind it! I'm not quite sure if I would spend £24 though? Being a student on a budget I'm not sure if it would be for me, but I suppose it depends on what you get and if it saves you picking up those items each month. I love this review!

    Gemma | www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish this was around when I was at uni! I am even tempted to subscribe even though I am most definitely not at uni anymore! Such a lovely idea and the content of the box looks great!!

    Holly x
    www.ldnmuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, it's great to see a useful subscription box. Enjoy your goodies, Chloe https://pinkiebag.com #TeacupClub

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Unibox sounds like such a good idea but at the same time to get random items that you might not need for that price isn't as great. I mean, hope for some rich relatives to buy you such a nice thing! Thanks for sharing. (:

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love the idea too! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. This is a really good idea! I'm not at uni but I think I'd still order one haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this is what I'm talking about.
    This is an essentials for all uni students.

    sophianeve.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chocolate honeycomb sounds amazing I need to try it

    Tasha x

    http://itsatashathing.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/itsatashathing-givaway.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cool idea! I was always putting care packages together for friends at uni but they always had to be small because of postage costs, this is a much easier way to gift that sort of thing xx

    ReplyDelete